Yours holidays in Saint Rémy de Provence
Saint Rémy de Provence is a small town located in the Alpilles regional park
Saint Remy de Provence is famous for its rich cultural heritage and many festivals.
This town is the essence of the Provençal lifestyle and the birthplace of Nostradamus. It is famous for:
- Its gastronomy and local produce like olive oil and wine. (vineyards « AOC Baux de Provence »)
- Local arts and crafts
- Provençal market, local artists, beautiful shops and art galleries
- Nature walks and hikes
- The many places painted by Van Gogh
- Roman archaeological sites
- Festivals and… 300 days of sunshine a year!
For holidays in Provence or a romantic weekend away, think Saint Remy de Provence!
Your holidays under the charm of Provence
TOURISM IN PROVENCE
« Gourmet Travel» in the Alpilles
- Wineries : Terres Blanches Domain, Valdition, Chateau Romanin, Lagoy Domain…
- Olive oil : The Calanquet Mill in Saint Remy de Provence, The Maître Cornille Mill in Maussane, The Fontvieille Mill, the Barjolle Mas.
- Famous Provençal markets and restaurants of Saint Rémy
Sports / activities
- Horse riding, quad riding, flights on gliders
- Golf Courses : Baux de Provence and Mouriès, mini golf
- Horseback riding in the Camargue, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking in the Alpilles, Paintball …
The villages in the Alpilles region
- Saint Rémy de Provence : the Roman town of Glanum, the hospital where Van Gogh lived, house and museum of Nostradamus, Alpilles museum, The Artists’ road.
- Les Baux de Provence – castle and the cathedral of images
- Fontvieille – Montmajour Abbey, the Alphonse Daudet Mill, the Roman mill – the Chateau Estoublon
- Eygalières – St. Sixtus Chapel
Cities and tourist sites in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region (south-east of the country)
- L’Isle sur la Sorgue and its antiquities …
- Arles – the arena, the Roman theater, the church and St. Trophime cloister
- Avignon – The city of the Popes, the St Benezet bridge, cruises on the Rhone river, the Theatre Festival in July
- Villeneuve lez Avignon : St André fortress, Chartreuse
- Camargue : Beauduc (cottage on water’s edge), Vaccarès pond
- Nîmes : the Carré d’Art, the arenas, the Square House, the Luberon, Pont du Gard, the antique theater of Orange, Marseille and its cliffside, Cassis, Bandol